Mike McMillan: 2019 March EZINE

 
March, 2019
News From Mike McMillan
ALL ABOUT THE MONTH OF MARCH

Welcome to the third month of the year—or, if you were born before 150 B.C., the first! According to the oldest Roman calendars, one year was ten months long, beginning in March and ending in December. It may sound crazy, but you can still see traces of this old system in our modern calendar: because December was the tenth month, it was named for the number ten in Latin (decem), just like September was named for seven (septem). So, what about January and February? They were just two nameless months called “winter,” proving that winter is literally so awful it doesn’t even deserve a spot on the calendar.

March brings with it the promise of gardening and warm(er), sunny days, as Earth turns its frostbitten cheek to winter and springs forth from the vernal equinox. Read about this month’s holidays, happenings, seasonal recipes, gardening tips, Moon phases, folklore, and much more!

All the best to you and I hope we talk soon. If not, there will be more great information about the benefits of investing in Real Estate in next month’s Ezine.

Best Regards,
 
Mike McMillan.
 

Quote of the Month
 


- Jay Baer

 

A Laugh or Two For Good Measure!

Smooth Operator

Scene: A call center operator on the phone with a doctor.

Doctor: If you don’t turn my cell phone back on today, I’ll tell the families of my patients and their lawyers that you are responsible for my patients'  deaths because I could’t be reached.

Operator: Sir, if you are expecting your patients to die, perhaps they should switch to a different physician.

 

**********************

 

It’s not my fault!

I have fillings in my teeth. My refrigerator magnets keep pulling me to the kitchen.
That's why I can't lose weight.

 

Helpful Life Hacks & Cartoon
of The Month

       

 

Leverage

          One of the reasons I like real estate as an investment (as opposed to mutual funds, stocks, bonds, GIC’s, etc.) is because we can take advantage of LEVERAGE.  Let me give you an example.  Let’s say you wanted to buy $500,000 worth of gold.  How much would that cost you?  If you said $500K, you’re absolutely right! 

   Now let’s say we want to buy a $500,000 duplex – how much will that cost us?  $500K?   Nope. 
   We can buy that property with just a 20% downpayment ($100K) and the bank will finance the other 80% ($400K).  We use a little bit of money in order to own a LOT of real estate. 

   Now here’s where it gets really exciting… Let’s say the property increases in value by 4%.  That would be a $20,000 increase in value.   $20K on a $500K investment is pretty good… However, because we LEVERAGED our money, we are actually making a $20,000 return on our $100,000 downpayment.  That’s a 20% return on our cash invested! 

   That’s the POWER of LEVERAGE, and that’s one of the BIG benefits of investing in real estate vs. most other options out there.

 

About Mike McMillan:
 

Michael McMillan is a professional real estate entrepreneur, author, and consultant. Mikehas been investing since 2013, and his current focus is on multi-family properties, especially apartment buildings.
 
If you would like to find out more about how to get an above average return on your money, backed by a solid asset (real property) , and without the hassle of being a landlord- contact Mike for a no-obligation conversation.
 
You can email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Visit his website www.TheMikeMcMillan.com
Call or text 250-988-1520